- This event has passed.
21st World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition “Symphony of the Renewables”
May 16 – May 18
More information soon on: www.worldwind.events
The World Wind Energy Association (WWEA) is pleased to announce the 21st World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition (WWEC2023), taking place on 16-18 May 2023 in Hobart, the Capital of Tasmania (Australia).
The main theme of WWEC2023 is “Symphony of the Renewables” referring to the manifold synergies of a combination of wind power and other renewable energies, such as hydro, solar, geothermal, ocean, bioenergy and storage technologies such as hydrogen – ultimately for a 100% renewable energy supply.
WWEC2023 takes place at a time when governments around the world have become more aware than ever that renewable energy alone can ensure sustainable development, as the former President of India stated already during WWEC2006 that renewable energies are affordable and accessible and represent freedom and peace energies alike.
WWEC2023 will in particular take the socioeconomic dimensions of renewable energy into account: all sectors of society need to be mobilised, from governments, citizens and communities, businesses, science and academia, civil society etc. Local ownership and community engagement models will be discussed which will help to ensure, by sharing benefits, that there is strong social support of the energy transformation.
Tasmania as the Host: 200% Renewable Energy
The hosting state Tasmania is an excellent location for WWEC2023, as Tasmania has not only applied a broad variety of renewable energy technology, including some of the world’s top wind sites. Tasmania already achieved 100% renewable energy self sufficiency and has also adopted a 200% renewable energy target, aiming at sharing its renewable energy abundance with other states and countries.
WWEA President Hon. Peter Rae AO: “Wind power, in a symphony with the other renewables, can and will provide reliable and affordable power – as we are proving every day in Tasmania. We are cordially inviting the international community to join us for the WWEC2023 and share their latest achievements on how to advance even faster to a renewable energy world.”
Wind and renewable energy experts from around the world, Australia, Oceania, and the broader Asia-Pacific region will gather in Hobart to discuss how to deploy wind power and other renewables in order to achieve a 100% renewable energy future – or even beyond that. Technical, economic and political conditions will be discussed that need to be available for such a future.
The official conference language will be English.
Abstracts are invited on the following main topics:
- Wind Technology Advancement: Turbine Technology, Wind Farm Siting and Operation, Wind Resource Assessment
- Renewables Integration and Storage Systems: Innovative Grids, Sector Coupling, Hydropower, Battery and Other Storage Options, Hydrogen
- Renewable Energies and Communities: Community Ownership, Community Engagement and Benefit Sharing
- Renewable Energy in Practice: Management, Business Models, Finance
- Renewable Energy Policies on Local, State, National, International Level
- Renewable Energy in Road & Rail Transportation, Shipping, Aviation
- Marine Technologies: Offshore Wind Farm Siting, Construction and Operations, Wave and Tidal Technology
The online submission form will be available in January on www.worldwind.events
All abstracts should be written in English, be concise and clearly state results, objectives or key components of the paper – as well as the topic to which it belongs. They should not exceed 500 words and should contain a list of key words. Abstracts should be submitted before 1 February 2023 online, the upload link will be provided in early January.
Please choose one of the presentation types: Oral presentation/Poster presentation
- Deadline for call for abstracts: 1 February 2023
- Deadline for notification of abstract acceptance: 15 February 2023
- Deadline for paper submission and registration of authors: 15 March 2023
Abstracts should be submitted before 1 February 2023 online, the upload link will be provided in early January on www.worldwind.events