03. November 2021. EUROSOLAR Luxembourg organized on Tuesday, the 26th of October 2021, the 10th Luxemburgish Solar Prize Awards in collaboration with the Chambre des Métiers, the O.A.I. ( (Ordre des Architectes et des Ingénieurs-Conseils), the Fédération des Artisans, the Fédération du Génie Technique as well as myenergy.
This year, the Luxembourg Solar Prize was awarded to the following 3 projects:
- Project Äerdschëff of CELL (Centre for Ecological Learning Luxembourg)
- Film “Eng Äerd” of the CNA in collaboration with the CELL, directed by Tom Alesch
- Single-family house with roof-integrated solar panels and battery from Famille Streicher.
Four special mentions were awarded:
- EmpoweringMobility project by Emile Weber Travel
- Mobile High Power Charge project from Sales-Lentz
- Photovoltaic installation project on the carport of the House of Biohealth from Enerdeal S.A.
- Photovoltaic installation project on the parking lot “Am Däich” of the municipal administration of the city of Ettelbrück, in cooperation with Jugendsolar and the Technical High School of Ettelbrück
Approximately 100 guests, including Ministers Henri Kox and Claude Turmes, Members of the Luxemburgish Parliament, many actors in the field of renewable energies and building, the members of EUROSOLAR Luxembourg and of course all the candidates who have submitted their applications, attended the ceremony.
After the awarding of the prizes, Prof. Dr. Susanne Siebentritt, Prof. Dr. Phillip Dale and Dr. Max Hilaire Wolter presented their strategies on how Luxembourg can become 100% renewable energy.