The Solar Prize gives local actors the chance to shine their light and reach a big audience. Because the success of the energy transition depends largely on ideas, courage and passion from all parts of the society.
Applications can be submitted quickly and easily online.
This year the application period runs until 31 July. The Solar Prize is awarded in the following categories:
• Towns/municipalities, council districts, public utilities
• Solar architecture and urban planning
• Industrial and commercial companies or farmers
• Local or regional associations/organizations
• Owners or operators of renewable energy installations
• Transport and mobility
• Education and vocational training
• One world cooperation
• Special achievement prize for individual commitment
All entries will be submitted to a qualified jury. Participation is free of charge. The award ceremony will take place on Friday, 15 November 2019, in Luxembourg.
About the European Solar Prize
The European Solar Prize was established in 1994 by EUROSOLAR in cooperation with its national sections. With the Solar Prize, EUROSOLAR recognizes outstanding and innovative projects and initiatives in the field of renewable energies from all parts of society. The prize is given to put pioneers and leaders in the focus of public attention all over Europe and to give fresh impetus to a renewable energy-based and decentralised energy turnaround.